Thursday 6 August 2009

ABC easy as...

Do you remember I bought this Cath Kidston fabric a little while ago?

Well it's Ruby's birthday on Saturday and after finishing working on other things last night, the fabric caught my eye (it hadn't quite been categorised and put away yet) and even though it was almost midnight, I just had to rustle these little keyrings up for part of her party bag goodies.

I'm really pleased with how they've come out and hopefully her little friends will be too.

I have one slight worry After yesterday's discussions, does this constitute plagiarism? Or is it merely using a fabric design to one's own design? If it's the latter, then I think I'll add some to the shop. If you think it's the former I'll leave well alone.

All I need to do now however, is find the mahoosive bag of keyring rings that I know are hiding somewhere in my studio...

10 comments:

Kristy said...

As long as CK doesn't state anywhere that her fabrics can't be used for commercial use I don't see the problem.

Tara @ Aquamarine Art said...

I don't think it's plagiarism. Otherwise you'd never be able to use someone else's fabric to make something and then sell it, which is what people DO!

whoatemycrayons said...

They are great, and I agree that it should not be a problem, like Tara states, otherwise no-one would sell fabrics!

Pomona said...

I am sure it is OK - this is your own design - you haven't plagiarized a CK keyring design, and most crafters/makers use somebody else's fabric. It has your label, so you are not passing it off as a CK product.

Pomona x

nevin said...

They are so cute..

One Flew Over said...

Gorgeous and must go to the shop!

Rosalind Wilson said...

Do the party guests' mums get one too!!??

Jessie Fincham said...

they look super! i dont think it's plagiarism.. so not to worry too much :)

Kylie said...

Of course you must shop them!!! Half the world uses fabric to make things that they then sell to others. Fabulous idea. K

iva yaneva said...

aw, these are the cutest!!