Thursday 6 May 2010

I love red. I love a red and aqua combo. Having redecorated the house in greys/teals/mustards red doesn't seem to fit in too well now.

However I do bring it into the kitchen. On last week's Ikea trip I picked up this fab piece of oilcloth. At first I had in mind that it was going to be a mucky activity protector, but having put it out yesterday for Noah's birthday tea I've decided it's far too nice for that.

With a few blooms picked from the garden and the most perfect napkins to accompany it, I am very happy to find a place where red works in my home.

9 comments:

Kylie said...

Love love love it! Again I am lamenting the lack of similar stock from Ikea here but I do love seeing your happy kitchen ;) Kx

Justine said...

red is lovely I do agree! Looks great in your kitchen anyhow! I'm just collecting fabrics in red aqua and a smidging of greys for a quilt for my boys room so if you see anything suitable let me know! J xx

Me and Ma said...

I love red too, all lokks great :)

dragonfly said...

I love the red and aqua combo too but it doesn't fit into my house either!

Your kitchen looks fab!

Anonymous said...

It looks divine - I just must get to Ikea!xx

The Little Cloth Rabbit said...

Thanks for the congrats Karen! :)

Your kitchen looks fantastic- and i may have to pop to ikea now!

Vintage Girl/Marivel said...

hello:your kitchen is very beautiful.
have a nice day

meplusmolly said...

Red? and Polka dots? what's not to love?!! ;0

Unknown said...

gorgeous kitchen!!! oh my oh my!!!