Thursday 2 February 2012

Taking a look at today's posting you'd be forgiven for thinking it was summer outside, instead of snow threatening the UK this week!

Maybe it was working with this selection of fabrics for Olivia's cushion that infiltrated my brain and got me printing in summery colours this week.

I'm not overly sure what the cause was, but it feels nice to preempt summer a tad and forget that it is so cold outside.

Olivia's cushion was completed last night, having been backed with the prettiest brushed cotton candy pink stripe that I picked up on Etsy recently. It is so super-soft, it is just perfect for the cushion.

I'd had a request for some of my Hexie prints (thanks, Nicky!) and whilst my brain was still on Spring/Summer, that's what got printed up.

Nicky swiped up this pack, but if you too are hankering after a bit of spring, there are more pieces in the shop...

After that unseasonal interlude, normal colours will resume very soon...

3 comments:

Nicky said...

You will be sending me summer as well as fabric then Karen - very clever!

Nicky said...

ps love the cushion! the photos were a bit slow loading on my laptop! Definitely summer colours and so pretty!

Rachel Chieppa said...

The cushion is lovely! Wonderful idea to commemorate the occasion. Your work is beautiful.