Saturday 12 January 2013

a nice start to the year...



 How is 2013 working out for you so far?
Very early days to make any judgments yet I realise, but January at least is turning out to be a very enjoyable month already.




 The crazy treadmill of Christmas orders is behind me and I'm able to get on with stockist orders (lavender bags, above, getting ready to head out) at relative leisure, whilst managing a heap of other stuff at the same time.

My big thing this month is getting ready for the first of my screen printing workshops (one place left for Friday due to a cancellation if you fancy?) I am very excited about it and have been busily getting things sorted for it.




 The relative calmness of January has meant I am also getting some extra quilt making done. I have been working this week on my Glimma quilt. That has been most enjoyable, but not without it's hiccups (more about that in a mo).




 January also included a trip yesterday to Lynne's for Kitchen Quilt Guild meet up. I rarely get to go. Lynne lives a little bit too far away to get there very often. She really should move further North. Anyways...yesterday was lovely. It was great to see everyone and we had a guest appearance from Australia which was fab. Danielle is just so nice and it's always great to meet our virtual friends. The excitement of yesterday was that our Scrappy Trip Along Quilts had a meet up too!




 So the Glimma quilt...
I think I have already mentioned how much I am liking Lotta's new collection and I really really do, but I am not overly happy with how my quilt is turning out.
I order just about all the designs and colours in the collection, my favourites possibly in this little area below.


 I am also enjoying seeing the squares patterns that the blocks show when all pieced together but as a whole I am not sure it is working.
I think it is just too busy.

A few of us were talking yesterday about quilting with an entire collection and how a couple of the fabrics should be left out. I actually did leave out the jade greens, which I do love but didn't think worked well when i included the yellows and oranges.


Maybe it will all come together when it is quilted. That is often the case. I hope so because I want to love this quilt as much as I love the collection.

So 2013 is working for me on the whole. I am enjoying it. That said I am ignoring the major bane of my January calendar...taxes...if I ignore them they may go away and not be a little black cloud on my otherwise happy January...

3 comments:

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

You're right, Lynne should move further north!! I hope you work out the kinks of your Glimma quilt - I'm going to leave the photo up on my screen to see if I have any bright ideas...

Charlotte said...

No, Lynne should move further SOUTH! (as should you!!). I've heard North London is really quite lovely at this time of year ;-)

Lucy | Charm About You said...

oh so sad I missed coming yesterday! All those quilts look fantastic!
The Glimma looks wonderful to me :)